Big Data ETL Developer
The DS&T (Data Science and Transformation) team is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented, and process-driven Big Data ETL developer who wants a challenging position to showcase their skills. Qualified candidates should possess 3+ years of professional experience on a Hadoop platform. The selected candidate will be part of a group of ETL and report developers responsible for creating data marts used for Enterprise reporting and data visualizations.
Interested in joining our innovative team? If so, read on!
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Hadoop Eco System (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Oozie and Hive)
- 1 year of hands-on experience in Spark core and Spark SQL
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in either core Java or Spark
- 1 year of hands-on experience in HBase, Cassandra any other NoSQL DB
- Understanding of Distributed computing design patterns, algorithms, data structures and security protocols
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top