Big Data Developer
At GEICO, we're about more than just insurance. Technology is at the core of everything we do, which means you'll get to work on innovative and influential tech projects in a successful company. Our associates are top-notch tech pros who are changing people's lives - just ask Forrester and Dynatrace-Keynote who've awarded our teams with top honors.
Our company culture is simple to sum up, it's all about giving our customers the very best. And, we know that the best way to do that is by giving our associates that crucial edge to succeed. Our team leaders and managers truly believe in the power of mentorship and providing opportunities to grow within the organization.
As a Big Data Developer, you will be working on Data Ingestion activities to bring large volumes of data in to our Big Data Lake. The candidate play a vital role in building new data pipelines from various structured and unstructured sources into Hadoop. You will be working closely with data consumers and source owners to create the foundation for data analytics and machine learning activities. You will be focused on:
• Identifying data ingestion patterns and build framework to efficiently ingest the data to our Data Lake
• Performance tuning ingestion jobs to improve throughput
• Improving CI/CD process by automating built, test and deployment framework
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• 5+ years working with Java based applications and open source technologies
• 2+ years of experience in working with Spring, Kafka or other messaging technologies
• Prior experience in working with Hadoop technologies such as HBase, Hive, Spark is a plus
• Performance tuning of Java applications and messaging technologies is a plus
• Prior experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) technologies and relational databases such as MS SQL, Oracle and DB2 is a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures, CI/CD and Automation is required
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree is required
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top