Azure DevOps Engineer
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO's IT DevOps Intelligent Delivery team is looking for a dynamic new DevOps Engineer. If you want to help support business critical enterprise applications and be part of a team in the center of cloud migration, app modernization, and our devops/CICD journey we'd love to hear from you!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be providing day-to-day level two operational support for our existing cloud infrastructure, working with level 1/NOC teams to ensure the health of production systems, and troubleshoot escalated issues from analysts and developers. You will support the onboarding, provisioning, and configuration of new systems and development environments in an enterprise Azure cloud space while following industry best practices and internal standards and controls.
You will provide support to developers and build masters for deployments and configuration management. You will collaborate with architecture, networking, and security teams to ensure our systems are following best practices, security standards, and providing the most value to our application development partners, end users, and customers. You will be an advocate for automation and process improvements. You will enjoy collaborating with your peers as we identify, design, and implement automated and efficient solutions to technical and business problems while also embracing agile/scrum methodologies and building devops culture and practices.
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 1-2 years of experience supporting complex business applications in a large enterprise environment
- Experience using at least one common scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, VBScript, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Agile/DevOps principles and practices
- Exposure to .NET/C# application development and/or support
- Working knowledge of networking concepts (DNS/DHCP/Firewalls/Sub-netting, etc.)
- Ability to support a 24x7 on-call rotation
- Experience using PowerShell scripting for administration and automation
- Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud resources and concepts
- Experience with .NET development in an Agile environment
- Experience working with and implementing DevOps practices
- Experience supporting .NET applications in a large enterprise environment
- Experience supporting Windows Server operating systems (2008/2012/2016)
- Experience with IIS configuration, support, and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCP ? Windows Server or Microsoft Azure preferred)
Salary will be assigned commensurate with experience and skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Glassdoor - gdoorit
LinkedIn - #LI-AC1
Back to top