Auto Damage Trainee - Portland, ME
Salary: $23.33 per hour / $47,000 annually
Salary with a 4 year degree: $24.81 per hour / $50,000 annually
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority, and we have implemented rigorous safety measures and policies to ensure our associates are protected. These safety protocols include:
- Temperature screening when entering the building
- Daily health survey
- Social distancing measures
- Required mask wearing in common areas
- CDC approved disinfectant usage and increased cleaning measures
At GEICO, our associates are the heart of the company. We're looking for Auto Damage Adjusters in Maine who are motivated, compassionate, and have a passion for customer service. We're seeking outstanding associates who want to kickstart a fulfilling career with one of the fastest-growing auto insurers in the U.S.
Through our industry-leading, paid training, you'll learn the ins and outs of automobile damage adjusting to prepare you to directly assist our customers after accidents or other disasters. Equipped with the latest auto adjusting tools and technology, you will:
- Inspect and asses vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate vehicle repair costs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Work directly with other adjusters and supervisors in a field environment, while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners and parts providers
Bring your passion for helping others and a desire to make impact and start a rewarding career with GEICO today!
As an Auto Damage Trainee, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Ability to attend an extensive 7-week training program, which includes three weeks in Ashburn, VA and work independently with flexible schedules
- Valid driver's license - compliant with company underwriting standards for a minimum of three years, and maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits
- Solid computer, grammar, mechanical aptitude and multi-tasking skills
- Effective attention to detail and decision making skills
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college degree or currently pursuing preferred
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.