Auto Damage Trainee - Northern New Jersey
Salary: $29.28 per hour / $59,000 annually
Salary with 4 year degree: $30.77per hour / $62,000 annually
Accidents can be scary, and our Auto Damage team rises to the occasion to provide unparalleled customer service when our customers need us the most. We're looking for Auto Damage Trainees in Northern New Jersey who are motivated and ready to grow their careers to the next level with GEICO. Flexibility to work in different environments is also key, as our auto damage adjusters may work from their home, a body shop, a virtual estimating center, or even on the road.
Our industry-leading, paid training will teach you the ins and outs of automobile damage adjusting, so you can directly assist our customers after accidents or major disasters. We're looking for those who are equally motivated as they are compassionate. Your unique skillset, along with the latest auto-adjusting tools and tech, will help you:
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage caused by all types of accidents
- Estimate vehicle repair costs and negotiate equitable settlements
- Partner with other adjusters and supervisors to work with body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
As an Auto Damage Trainee, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
- Valid driver's license (must meet company underwriting guidelines for at least the past 3 consecutive years) and the ability to maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits
- Willingness to be flexible with primary work location - position may require either remote or in-office work
- Solid computer, mechanical aptitude, and multi-tasking skills
- Effective attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, and willingness to expand on these abilities
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college degree or currently pursuing preferred
Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining the most talented individuals to further grow our team.