Auto Damage Claims Adjuster Trainee - Portland, Maine
Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee
Salary: $43,500 / year
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee to start a GEICO career in Southern Maine . This is certainly not a desk job! As the primary ambassador of GEICO's renowned customer service, our adjusters work in auto body repair shops (ARX), as well as visit customers' homes, salvage yards, and towing service facilities.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Our GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainees earn an annual salary of $43,500 / year with most receiving an 5% increase within the first six months based on successful performance
- Be challenged daily in all types of environments without being tied to a desk
"My management team shared with me the things I need to do to develop and progress in my career. I feel as if the sky is the limit!" Shannon Z., GEICO Associate since 2014
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. You will attend an extensive 10-week training program, including three weeks in Ashburn, VA, to learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting. Equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting, you will :
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Work directly with other Adjusters and supervisors in a field environment while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- High school diploma or equivalent with Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to attend an extensive 10-week training program that includes three weeks in Ashburn, VA, and ability to work independently with flexible schedules
- Strong customer service skills with solid computer, multi-tasking skills, and mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail with time management and decision-making skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change.
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here .
About your career:
Get to know a little more about Auto Damage careers here and find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top