Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee - Eureka, CA
Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee - Eureka, CA
Salary: $44,672.55 / annualized
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee to start a GEICO career in Eureka, CA. This is certainly not a desk job! As the primary ambassador of GEICO's renowned customer service, our adjusters work in auto body repair shops (ARX), as well as visit customers' homes, salvage yards, and towing service facilities.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as an Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Our GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainees earn a salary of $44,672.55/annualized with most receiving an increase within the first six months based on successful performance
- Be challenged daily in all types of environments without being tied to a desk
"My management team shared with me the things I need to do to develop and progress in my career. I feel as if the sky is the limit!" Shannon Z., GEICO Associate since 2014
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. You will attend an extensive 7-week training program, including three weeks in Ashburn, VA, to learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting. Equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting, you will:
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Work directly with other Adjusters and supervisors in a field environment while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- High school diploma or equivalent with Bachelor's degree preferred
- Ability to attend an extensive 7-week training program that includes three weeks in Ashburn, VA, and ability to work independently with flexible schedules
- Strong customer service skills with solid computer, multi-tasking skills, and mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail with time management and decision-making skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license - The position of Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee requires the candidates to hold and have held a valid driver's license compliant with company underwriting standards for a minimum of three years, and to maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits.
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here .
About your career:
Get to know a little more about Auto Damage careers here and find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
GEICO will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Please include all recent work history and any other work relevant to the position you are applying for.
Back to top