Attorney - Savannah, GA
Key Position Details
GEICO Staff Counsel is seeking an attorney for its Savannah office to handle auto defense litigation including first and third party personal injury claims. Applicant must be currently licensed in Georgia. Some personal injury litigation experience or insurance defense experience preferred. The position requires independent management of the file from the start to settlement or trial. The position requires travel within the geographic area covered by the office to depositions and court appearances. Deposition and/or trial experience preferred.
As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
- Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial
- Prepare motions and memorandums of law.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses.
- Draft reports and provide file analysis.
- Georgia Bar membership in good standing
- 1 to 4 years of personal injury litigation experience
- Jury verdicts are preferred
- Strong communication and MS Office Skills
- Experience handling motor vehicle cases is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top