Attorney - PIP - Miami, FL
GEICO seeks a Personal Injury (PIP) Attorney for the Miami Staff Counsel office. Under supervision, the attorney will:
- Defend PIP lawsuits against GEICO which are filed in courts of limited jurisdiction.
- Research laws, prepare legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
- Render opinions on liability, damage and case values as
requested by the Claims Department.
- Conduct and defend Depositions, Examinations Before Trial and/or Examinations Under Oath.
- Defend by trial or pre-trial proceedings, all litigations as assigned.
- Travel required within geographical area covered by Miami office
- Must be licensed and admitted to practice law in the State of Florida
- Minimum one (1) Year PIP litigation experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and computer skills (Microsoft OFFICE) are essential.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top