Attorney II - Piscataway, NJ
GEICO seeks an experienced insurance defense Attorney to join its Piscataway, NJ Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in New Jersey.
As a GEICO Attorney II, you will:
- Handle and manage litigation files from inception through trial
- Prepare motions and memorandums of law
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, demands and responses
- Draft reports and provide file analysis
- Travel as required including but not limited to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management conferences.
- New Jersey State Bar membership in good standing
- 5 years of personal injury litigation experience or 7 years litigation experience
- Demonstrated trial ability in cases of moderate severity and complexity
- Jury verdicts are preferred
- Strong communication and MS Office skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top