Attorney- Glen Allen, VA
Primary Position Objective:
Under close supervision, DEFENDS lawsuits against GEICO insureds and represents GEICO in subrogation, UM/UIM, and PIP suits filed in courts of limited jurisdiction and, in the discretion of the Managing Attorney, in courts of unlimited jurisdiction.
1. RESEARCHES laws and PREPARES legal briefs, opinions, and memoranda.
2. RENDERS opinions on liability, damages, and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. PREPARES and HANDLES pleadings, motions, and discovery, to include depositions/examinations before trial and examinations under oath based on jurisdiction.
4. DEFENDS by trial, arbitration, or mediation all matters assigned, as applicable.
5. ADHERES to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. MEETS attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers.
- License in good standing to practice law in applicable jurisdictions.
- Travels as required, including but not limited, to attend trials, hearings, depositions, management meetings and conferences.
- Must be able, with or without accommodation, to perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to, thinking (concentrating, focusing, assimilating information), reading, writing, listening, typing, speaking, sitting, bending, reaching, lifting, and standing for extended periods.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and a mouse.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to access and utilize multiple pieces of office equipment that may require simultaneous use.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and/or email.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top