GEICO seeks a NJ licensed attorney, in good standing with 0 - 1 year of personal injury litigation experience or up to 2 years general litigation experience. The candidate will handle auto defense litigation including first and third party personal injury claims as well as some subrogation. Under supervision, the attorney will be expected to manage the file from start through resolution. This position requires travel within the geographic area covered by the office, including depositions and court appearances.
1. Researches law and prepares legal briefs, opinions and memoranda.
2. Renders opinions on liability, damages and value as requested by the Claims Department.
3. Prepares and handles pleadings, motions and discovery to include depositions/examinations under oath.
4. Defends by trial, arbitration or mediation all matters assigned.
5. Adheres to the GEICO Code of Conduct, company policies and operating principles.
6. Meets attendance standard of the business location, to perform necessary job functions and to facilitate interaction with supervisors and co-workers.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top