Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The Business Transformation team is looking for a highly motivated architect with excellent technical, design, communication and leadership skills who is eager to usher in the next big thing in human-to-machine interfaces, the conversational user interface. This will be a highly challenging role. Beyond designing and architecting highly-available, customer facing systems using .NET and Azure Cloud Services, the applicant must have or quickly develop an understanding of a wide array of technologies in use at GEICO such as: IBM's Watson Engagement Advisor, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), MuleESB & API Gateway, Azure Service Bus, NoSQL databases and beyond. The candidate must be comfortable working with analysts, developers, other architects and all levels of management across multiple teams to collaboratively to come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelors' Degree
- 7+ Years designing and developing .NET applications
- 3+ Years as an Application Architect
- Experience working in Azure cloud environment
- Solid understanding of OO and SOA software design patterns and industry best practices
- Expert level understand of software design patterns, architectural patterns and industry best practices
- Expert with C#, Web API, WCF, SQL, ADO.NET, SSIS
- Understanding of sonar and GEICO code quality metrics
- Expert with TFS, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on Agile teams
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top