Application Systems Analyst
- Chevy Chase, MD
GEICO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Research and Development (RAD) department as an Application Systems Analyst.
As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to manage your projects from the planning and design phase, to construction and maintenance. This position includes conducting systems analysis, writing business requirements, and supporting enhancements to existing applications. Additionally, it involves evaluating our business processes and driving efficiency and process improvements through the application of systems tools and/or automation. This is a great opportunity to work closely with various departments, manage projects, and to learn the skills required by the business and technology world!
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is desirable
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel are required
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
- Certified Scum Master (CSM) certification or prior Agile experience is a plus
- SAS and SQL experience is a plus
As a full-time Application Systems Analyst you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Back to top