Analytical Systems Developer
- Chevy Chase, MD
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Decision Support Systems (DSS) Team is seeking a highly motivated Analytical Systems Developer to support GEICO's business analytics through Application Development and Data Engineering.
DSS is a small technology team residing in one of the core research and predictive modeling departments at GEICO. This allows us to work side by side with our users along with having direct control over all stages of the development process, from design to implementation. As a Analytical Systems Developer on our team you will work with a wide range of programming languages and new technologies to develop software and data solutions used internally to support key business decisions. The toolset we routinely use includes C#, SQL, Python, Hive, and Spark.
The current focus of this position is on the migration to a cloud based Big Data Platform. As part of this team you will interact with various IT, data science, and business partners. You'll have the opportunity to re-engineer existing applications and design all new products that leverage this new infrastructure to handle more complex problems and ultimately drive smarter analytics across the organization. This is a great opportunity to have an immediate, visible impact on the business, and to learn the skills required by the industry and technological world!
Please upload your resume, unofficial transcripts from all schools attended, and a cover letter to your GEICO profile when submitting your application.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- At least a 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language
- C# and SQL experience highly desired
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem highly preferred
- A thorough understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top