GEICO is seeking a results-driven experienced professional to join our Underwriting and Product Management team as an Agile Program Manager and Coach. The teams' Agile focus is diverse, ranging from supporting individual Agile teams using various methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, and Scrumban) to developing and maintaining reporting on Agile metrics across a large program. This position also requires assisting teams to mature in Agile principles and methodologies through hands-on coaching and mentoring, providing direct feedback and means of improvement.
• Implementing Agile processes, principles and practices across all levels of the department. Creating a process for teams to adapt the Agile methodology
• Providing one-on-one coaching to improve Agile practices and results and progress and performance reports to department managers and directors
• Running reports to track team's daily schedule and efficiency, recommending improvements and adjustments to Scrum Masters and managers and establishing standard metrics for tracking progress based on Agile methods
• Facilitating daily scrum meetings. Ensures Agile concepts and principles are adhered to
• Training non-Agile teams on Agile Methodology by providing practices and expertise. Maintaining training materials and updating them as changes to the Agile Methodology occur
• Researching Agile best practices and remaining up-to-date on all changes and improvements made in the Agile Methodology
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments effectively, making recommendations to management of effective strategies to overcome them
• Coordinating and promoting continuing education for associates by distributing Agile learning resources
• Assisting management in selecting potential candidates for Scrum Master and future Agile Coaches
• Minimum two years of experience overseeing multi-function project teams
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management and Administration Expertise in JIRA
• Proficiency with Visio, and all Office tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A working knowledge of Agile project management tool (JIRA)
$86,000 to $90,000 commensurate with experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top