- Chevy Chase, MD
Ready to innovate and drive GEICO's auto products? If so, read on!
Drive innovation at GEICO by driving the auto product. We are looking for actuaries with commercial or private passenger auto experience and the ability to strategically analyze and lead a team that solves complicated business problems and makes change happen.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The actuarial team has an opening for a leader who will build pricing segmentation strategy and drive pricing decisions leading to profitable growth or enhance our reserving methodologies. This role will have senior management visibility.
- Understand the PPA or commercial auto product and develop specific strategies related to price, product and underwriting, or reserving
- Utilize actuarial methodologies and leadership skills to execute and deliver pricing or reserving initiatives
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other company leaders to implement changes that enhance the customer experience and business results
- Summarize analyses and present proposals clearly and correctly to management
- Implements pricing changes correctly and in compliance with regulations, or enhance our reserving methodologies to better understand business results
- Casualty Actuarial Society membership (ACAS or FCAS)
- Demonstrated understanding of the commercial or PP automobile product either in pricing or reserving
- Minimum of four years in P&C insurance industry with an understanding of the current environment
- Working knowledge of insurance regulation and related business constraints
- Bachelor's degree with classes in statistics, finance and accounting
- Must be a self-motivated, goal oriented individual with curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Must have good planning, organizational, decision making and communication skills
- High level knowledge of data sources, tools, and modeling techniques
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and get work done through others
As an Actuarial Manager, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Back to top