Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The Controller Department is looking for a Manager of Accounting to assist in the review of account reconciliations and statutory financial statements. This position leads a team of associates and supports them in completing monthly duties timely and accurately. Responsibilities also include reviewing and approving journal entries, preparing monthly/quarterly reports for internal and external customers, and reviewing and ensuring compliance with financial controls. Analysis and implementation of Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles is critical to this position.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
All candidates must have the following:
- CPA license
- College degree, preferably in accounting
- Experience completing account reconciliations and creating financial statements
- Ability to review financial statements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong PC skills, primarily the Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous experience with insurance accounting
- Prior supervisory experience
- Familiarity with the PeopleSoft general ledger application and Annual Statement reporting software
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top