Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO's Cashier Division of the Treasury Department is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven problem solving and analytical skills. The Cashiers Accountant will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of bank accounts using PeopleSoft Cash Management and the daily reconciliation of claim receipts for all regions. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for posting accounting entries and responding to region/GEICO Field Representative inquiries as well as aiding other internal Cashiers as needed. This individual will also support special projects assigned by management. This position requires the individual to work independently, conduct research, analyze transactions and have excellent written and verbal skills. Overtime may also be required.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required (GPA - 3.0 or higher)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Related project, internship or work experience
- Ability to pass analytical skills test using Microsoft Excel and Word
- 1-2 years of job related experience a plus
- PeopleSoft Cash Management experience a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top