Job Description Summary
The International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is responsible for the compliant execution of global export controls and sanctions laws and regulations.
The successful candidate could be based in one of our 4 sites in the UK - Cheltenham, London (West Drayton), Wales (Nantgarw) or Scotland (Prestwick), or in Germany (Munich) or Italy (Turin), and will report to the Senior Director and Counsel, (ITC), and work closely within the ITC team and GEA programs/functions to compliantly apply international trade laws and regulations to support and drive international business.
Consistent with the role of the ITC team, the primary tasks of Senior Counsel, Global Export Compliance include, but are not necessarily limited to the following -
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and counsel regarding applicable export controls and sanctions, with particular focus on exported controls and sanctions implemented by regulators in the UK and the EU.
- Complete transactional assessments of denied party, sanctions, embargo, and end-use/user controls to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Lead and conduct investigations into potential non-compliance and resulting disclosures to government agencies.
- Draft policies and procedures and support development and deployment of policies, procedures, tools, and other infrastructure within ITC and within the business.
- Conduct audits and assessments of global sites, functions, and programs.
- Conduct due diligence and oversee integration for strategic dispositions, mergers, and acquisition transactions.
- Monitor proposed laws and regulations and provide advice to business stakeholders regarding implications and requirements on GEA's business strategy.
- Collaborate with ITC Leadership and cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement.
- Engage Business Leadership to drive business execution.
- Participate in relevant trade compliance associations and industry group discussions.
- Lead engagement and communication with government officials, as required.
- Identify, analyze, and implement robust compliance systems and IT tools to enhance trade compliance; and undertake special projects and support other compliance program continuous improvement initiatives.
- Degree from an accredited Law School/University
- Member (in good standing order) of the bar, with at least one applicable jurisdiction.
- Well-rounded professional experience in International Trade & Compliance.
- In-house experience.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and grow in an expanding organization.
- Commitment to compliance and integrity.
- Ability to collaborate among all levels of the ITC organization and business.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers and external stakeholders.
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical, and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Excellent customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and capable of managing multiple initiatives, both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience in the application of non-U.S. export control and sanctions regulations; and
- Knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, and/or OCR EASE.
GE supports flexible hybrid working arrangements for this position.
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No