Senior Network Engineer
The Network Engineer position is a hands-on technical position responsible for architecture design assistance, support, implementation and preventive maintenance of the GCG corporate network.
- Work within a 24x7 Cisco environment- switches, router, Wireless AP's and firewalls.
- LAN/WAN troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Perform firmware upgrade on all Cisco equipment in the network infrastructure.
- Perform and verify storage/backups of systems configuration files
- Troubleshoot and remediate network outages and performance problems.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco Routers and Switches and support of the following technologies: QOS (Quality Service) with Cisco, Avaya, Cisco Switching and Layer 2 Protocols (VLANs, VTP, etc.). Routing EIGRP (BGP a+), HSRP/VRRP, 802.1x,
- 6500 and 4500 Enterprise hardware; Nexus a plus, high-end branch routers, and ASA firewalls.
- Cisco CCNA, and progressing toward a CCNP
- May include travel <20% of the time to GCG offices in NYC, Ohio, or Seattle
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and rapid response to escalated issues.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or better preferred, or equivalent and three to five years' experience in a Network Engineering role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting routed networks.
- Will report to the Director of Networks in the systems and Technology department.
For three decades, GCG, has been the recognized leader in providing legal administrative services for class action, mass tort and bankruptcy cases. In fact, we are the first claims administrator to have earned SOC 2, Type 1 certification.
The breadth and depth of our experience, responsiveness, global resources and state-of-the-art technology have made us the recognized leader in our field and the partner of choice for leading law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies, and other legal professionals requiring our unique administrative support.
With more attorneys than any other firm in our business, and a staff of more than 500 that includes a team of software engineers, call center professionals, in-house legal advertising specialists and graphic artists with extensive website design experience, resources are unparalleled in the industry. We have offices coast-to-coast and are ready at a moment's notice to provide cost-effective administration services tailored to the needs of each case, regardless of its size or complexity.
Meet Some of GCG's Employees
Assistant Director, Operations
Candice handles class action settlements with efficiency and grace. She identifies streamlining opportunities to improve processes and meets quickly approaching deadlines within the court system.
Back to top