- Fort Myers, FL
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Writer, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
We are looking for a Writer with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language to write technology-centric content, as well as manage all steps in the publication process. A successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to clients. Candidates must be organized and disciplined, and possess excellent research skills, along with a passion for the written word.
Writers perform a variety of duties, including drafting text, revising content for clarity, formatting documents, fact checking and researching. Writers work directly with Gartner analysts to craft written research and must ensure time-sensitive deliverables meet deadlines.
What you’ll do:
- Write, or help analysts to write, research notes, reports and other documents that satisfy clients' needs.
- Revise and review drafts, especially in response to feedback.
- Relieve analysts of some of the burdens associated with project management and progressing work through Gartner's content management system.
- Help editors understand what analysts are trying to communicate.
- Liaise with editing colleagues to ensure research documents comply with Gartner’s editorial style and standards.
- Provide input for companywide writing and editing policies, standards and procedures.
- Work with assigned research teams to plan and write must-have research.
- Submit material for publication in the required and expected format.
- Critique the work of other writers in a mentoring or coaching capacity.
- Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Write with the reader or audience in mind.
- Work cross-functionally with all other teams/departments, including Research, IT and Graphics, to improve the overall workflow process, procedures and systems.
- Train analysts on writing best practices, publishing process requirements and Gartner style.
- Undertake continuous, job-related training to maintain writing quality levels and improve individual skills.
- Maintain an awareness of new terms or phrases coming into popular usage in your subject area(s).
**What you’ll need:
- Three to five years' writing experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to absorb new material quickly.
- Able to collaborate on documents with subject-matter experts and build relationships with other stakeholders, especially analysts and editors.
- Numerate and visually literate.
- Proven ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload, while meeting all deadlines.
- Knack for learning and understanding new concepts.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
- Past experience working in a content management system is helpful.
- High-level knowledge of computing, storage, infrastructure strategies and/or networking is a plus.
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Direct collaboration with global colleagues
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, 401k match with immediate vesting, and comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental) starting on your first day
Job Requisition ID:39482
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top