VP/MVP, Sales Strategy & Ops
Lead team to drive cross-functional initiatives to accomplish integration, growth and retention enhancements across Gartner Business Sales
• Support establishing and maintaining overall Business sales transformation roadmap
• Help prioritize key cross-functional initiatives for Business Sales Transformation – identify, analyze and drive prioritization
• Support management of cross-functional initiatives across Product, Service, Research, and Events – conduct analysis on the drivers of growth and prioritize actions based on value and ability to execute
• Gain alignment on scope, approach, for key cross-functional initiatives
• Lead execution for key cross-functional initiatives working closely with Global Sales Operations team and cross-functional teams – design solutions, manage schedule, key decisions, issues and implementation
• Maximize retention by optimizing the retention program the service teams utilize, work with these teams to implement any changes needed
• Drive growth by prioritizing and implementing key growth actions across Business Sales
• Lead and develop programs to increase qualified product and service opportunities through the Sales organization; support Sales with integrated product and service strategy
• Shape and define the product GTM strategy - manage pricing strategy, product roadmap, and work across the organization to deliver on strategy
• Assess prospect programs delivered through variety of actions including Lead Generation, FSI, Gartner Events, etc. to find ways to improve New Business Development and then coordinate program logistics
• Create and implement the strategy to build marketing and sales enablement collateral that is highly leveraged by Sales to support client discussions
• Conduct research and custom analyses to drive fact-based decision making that improves overall performance and economics
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably finance, engineering, computer science, mathematics, or economics - MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties. Stratey Consulting background (McKinsey, Booz Allen, BCG, etc.) required, B2B Sales Strategy and Operations experience required, as well as change management.
• B2B Sales functional knowledge – i.e. selling process, Tools, incentives, levers, etc. – either via consulting project experience or experience in direct sales, sales strategy or sales operations function
• Experience managing a portfolio of complex, cross-functional initiatives to drive business performance improvement
• Strategic leadership skills; ability to craft and articulate a clear, consistent vision, implement effective operating plans, and lead a cross-functional team.
• Experience managing highly motivated and diverse individuals through ambiguous situations
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to analyze large datasets and translate raw information into actionable insights so that it can be easily understood and utilized by the organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including presentation writing and delivery
• Demonstrated working knowledge of IT and technical issues
• Outstanding project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads
• Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are a MUST
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top