VP, Team Manager Federal Sector
- Flexible / Remote
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
VP, Team Manager
What makes Gartner ExP a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Executive Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Executive Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are CIOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Lead a Team of 8-12 Executive Partners as they mentor, provide content and advise technology executives in the federal market. Work closely with your business partners include including Sales, HR and Finance to ensure goals are aligned.
What you’ll do:
- Leads a team of Executive Partners within the federal government market.
- Responsible for team quota achievement, ie, retention and growth goals for their assigned team
- Exhibit the 5 Gartner Leadership pillars, and build a high-performing team which collaborates across Gartner
- Responsible for leading, motivating, and managing their assigned team
- Lead recruiting, EP development, training, and tracking of appropriate team metrics
- Partner extensively with a range of internal partners to drive client value, high member retention, and revenue growth the region.
- Partner with Sales to ensure regular communication/ support/ education and participation with Sales team to drive sales efforts in the region
- Work with clients and industry partners to position Gartner as the leading provider of technology advice in the federal government.
- Manage capacity to support Sales teams in closing business with existing and prospective members across their region.
What you’ll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a minimum of 15 years’ experience working in a senior management role
- Experience as a former C-level technology executive for at least 10 years with large scale and complex responsibilities, preferably with Consulting or Advisory experience and/or has held multiple executive-level roles
- In-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (including Leadership, IT Operations Management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.).
- In depth understanding of the business value of IT and the alignment of Business and IT strategies.
- Federal government experience is preferred.
Who you are:
- Critical thinker with ability to solve problems to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner services to support achievement of business results.
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations.
- Excellent relationship, collaboration, and team leadership skills
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Effective at partnering with Sales to close new business and assist others in difficult renewals.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Executive Programs provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:38127
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top