VP, Research Team Manager - Finance Practice
- Arlington, VA
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Vice Presidents of Research work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, identifying and executing on product deliverables including diagnostics and webinars, and building new content ideas.
The Vice President of Research will have full ownership of research for subscription-based membership targeting senior leaders in various industries that uncover best-practice approaches to solve mission-critical priorities. This role will build frameworks, tools, case studies, diagnostics, and training to help clients understand and apply insights.
As the lead on this team, you will:
- Engage senior finance executives from Fortune 500 companies to identify their most pressing challenges
- Lead research team(s) through a proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions in
- Conduct surveys and phone interviews with executives, academics, and industry experts to discover best practices
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive member webinars, and highly visible research studies
- Be an active leader to a research team that will be leveraging quantitative and qualitative research to produce ground-breaking insights
- Understand key trends impacting senior Finance leaders; partner with agenda managers and advisers
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate members of the Research team
- Identify executive needs and develop research and products around them
- Work across the firm to identify and take advantage of overlapping themes and projects
- Develop and execute on product plan, including research topics, webinars, diagnostics, and other deliverables
- 12+ years of work experience leading research initiatives all the way from idea generation to the completed research product
- 12+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- 12+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least five years of experience managing projects
- Experience in leading and managing a team of researchers
- Master's or PhD degrees
Job Requisition ID:34239
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top