VP, Research - Gartner for Functional IT Leaders
- New York, NY
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
The Gartner Research Board, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gartner, is the only peer advisory research group that provides the deep, objective insight essential for transformative leadership and driving mission-critical priorities in the world's largest, most complex organizations. The Gartner Research Board provides a highly moderated information exchange, which enables members to consult a global community on their peers and learn best practices and hard-won experience in directly comparable environments. The Research Board has conducted research and fostered member conversations for more than 40 years, orchestrating a global ecosystem of members, industry CEOs, venture capitalists, academics and entrepreneurs participating in a mutually enriching exchange based on trust, openness and generosity of spirit. Membership is restricted to global chief information officers and their functional leaders. Members drive the agenda. Facilitated, concise, incisive interactions enable members to explore the broader picture and sharpen their strategic vision.
About the Role
You are primarily responsible for leading a team of research analysts who are charged with creating and delivering strategic content for the Gartner Research Board's Global Functional Leader programs, which serve senior IT executives including CTOs, Heads of Infrastructure & Operations, CISOs, Strategic Sourcing, Data & Analytics, and IT Finance. The team delivers written reports, presentations, 2-day conferences, teleconferences, and briefings. You will mentor, guide, and review/edit the work of this team of researchers, all while working closely with service delivery associates, to deliver a world-class experience for the membership.
- Lead the team responsible for the delivery of projects for the Gartner Research Board's global functional leaders programs. This includes organizing the research process and methodologies and having primary oversight for the quality of content and the quality of RB meetings, the development of the research team.
- Partner with the RB's service delivery associates to enhance member engagement and drive member retention.
- Manage, coach, and develop the research team to growth their skills and competencies and enhance their career trajectory.
- Grow the RB’s network of thought leaders (academics, investors, etc.), startups, and vendors that the research team can draw on for interviews and speakers.
- Provide tailored briefings for clients and their teams reflecting the research, meeting conversations, and speakers, either face-to-face, or via videoconference.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone, face-to-face sales.
- Spearhead and support new initiatives that support the Research Board’s growth and evolution, including process innovations.
- Ensure integrity of the team's research and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 8-12 years of research (or perhaps consulting) experience at the intersection of business and technology strategy. Experience working directly with senior IT executives at large multinational companies will prove particularly useful.
- 5+ years of managerial experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise-focused IT industry and market place.
- Strong command of business strategy concepts; ability to compellingly apply thinking across industries.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real-time, with clients and during meetings.
- Travel: up to 25%
Job Requisition ID:38221
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top