VP, Product Management
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
VP, Product Management
Global HQ - Stamford, CT
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We're trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries—across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size. For more details please visit our Product & Services website
Gartner employees love their work and continue to rate their experience highly.
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact in one of Gartner’s highest potential growth businesses. The Vice President, Product Management is a critical member of the cross-functional leadership team for the Marketing and Communications products. She/he will lead problem solving sessions with key business stakeholders (e.g. Research and Sales) and identify the best opportunities to drive economic impact. Leveraging scalable best practices and identifying and implementing market-driven enhancements, this role will significantly contribute to achieving sustained double-digit CV growth and strong retention.
If you are looking for a dynamic role in a fast growing company where independence, curiosity, collaboration and data-driven decision making are valued, then this may be the role for you.
To be successful in this role the candidate must gain credibility and influence internal stakeholders including Sales, Research & Advisory and Executive leadership. They must have a passion for creating compelling arguments for change, be comfortable with ambiguity and track record of working across stakeholders to deliver against commitments. This role will impact the speed and scale of growth through a variety of contributions including:
- Designing and implementing a strategic initiatives to support rapid, repeatable growth, and consistently iterating the approach based on learnings from prior successes and failures.
- Analyzing and implementing, in partnership with Sales & Service, an increasingly more effective approach to driving high levels of client retention across the existing client base.
- Leading problem-solving efforts to identify and remove impediments to growth and drive high-levels of customer satisfaction/retention.
- Gathering and analyzing market data to identify new product opportunities or enhancements including but not limited to evolving acquired assets into the product portfolio
This is a highly visible role that goes well beyond strategy and is results oriented.
What Will Make You Successful In This Role
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem solving, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, organizational, listening and relationship building skills.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation.
- Ability to develop, organize, and lead initiatives with strong organizational skills and project management
- Strong sense of natural curiosity, quick analytical skills, instinctive math skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum of 7-10 years business experience (Product Development, Strategy, Management)
- Consulting background (McKinsey, Booz Allen, BCG etc) or out of a reputable Rotational Program strongly preferred
- Leadership experience including crafting a clear vision, implementing effective operating plans, and driving change in a matrix organization with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience in product management processes (market needs and competitive analysis, market segmentation, strategic planning, pricing, etc.)
- Experience working with direct and indirect sales teams in a B2B environment preferred
Job Requisition ID:39814
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top