VP, Marketing , Asia/ANZ
Gartner research and insight helps business leaders make more effective decisions every day. Through programs that clearly demonstrate the Gartner value proposition, the Vice President, APAC / ANZ Marketing uses a combination of data driven analysis and problem solving, combined with deep partnerships with sales leadership to drive growth for the business.
The VP, APAC / ANZ Marketing, is a highly collaborative, business-savvy professional who has solid experience in building marketing programs with sales and measuring business impact. You will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that drives revenue growth for the region, while supporting the global marketing goals. The successful candidate will lead the strategy, campaign development and execution of lead nurturing programs, with a focus on innovative marketing initiatives that are relevant, timely and actionable.
· Maintains relationships with executive leadership throughout the organization and addresses high level issues with other decision makers on marketing strategies.
· Partners across the business with Research, Product, Sales and Events to drive the impact on the business.
· Is a key member of the Corporate Marketing organization, ensuring tightly integrated use of all marketing media to quickly move a prospect through the customer decision journey, with specific responsibility for regional strategy and execution of marketing programs. Ensures optimal field utilization to drive sales productivity and eliminate barriers to selling.
· Establishes clear channels of communication (new / existing) for Research Marketing programs, measures impact of each. Ensure a robust lead generation program, working closely with Experiential Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to improve current demand generation process: creating a more consistent, productive approach; developing the right dashboards; making the case for investment.
· Lead and develop a marketing team based across the region. Build an agile, highly productive and engaged team, nurturing and developing talent through strong and actively engaged leadership.
· Partners with sales organizations to ensure positive impact of Corporate Marketing programs
· Represents needs of regions and segment, optimizes programs accordingly, feeds requirements back into the rest of corporate marketing
· Works closely with Sales, Events and Research.
· Provides our global sales organization with tools and resources to be able to quickly move prospects to loyal Gartner clients. Delivers effective communications with business partners.
· Responsible for increasing impact of programs, as measured by sales conversion, contract value and velocity through the funnel. Responsible for measurement and success of programs; tracking, analysis and interpretation of trends. Leverages and shares best practices, problem solves to continuously improve programs.
· Responsible for the success of all corporate marketing programs in our sales channels in the region.
· Establish Marketing Plans tied to business goals and be held accountable for meeting these goals.
- MBA with 10+ years marketing experience preferably in a B2B environment in a consulting, services and/or business technology industry
- Extensive experience across the APAC region. ( China is a key market)
- Since this role supports clients in China strong Mandarin speaking capabilities is a MUST.
- Extensive understanding of emerging technologies and Social Media platforms such Wechat is a MUST
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools and prior experience in managing a marketing team that creates and executes successful campaigns utilizing these tools (e.g. Eloqua).
- The ideal candidate would also have experience working in an international, matrix-based and collaborative organization setting.
- Experience managing direct reports, and managing through cross functional teams
- Track record of performance excellence meeting targets and objectives
- Experience executing multiple highly complex and/or strategic marketing campaigns and activities.
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative leadership in developing marketing strategies and communications programs that engage a variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative; proven track record of working effectively as part of an experienced management team and selling ideas to partners, and colleagues.
- Proven leadership skill, including the ability to identify talent, build teams, mentor and develop team members, and inspire performance that exceeds expectations and retains resources.
- Strategic, executive presence; yet not afraid to “roll up sleeves”.
- Person of conviction/integrity/intensity; ability to “win over” others.
- Attention to detail, ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and design appropriate solutions
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top