Drive high technology industry-shaping innovation that expands Gartner’s addressable market and increases retention and growth of Gartner business with existing and new clients.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
• The product leader owns responsibility for identifying and developing new technology-enabled product opportunities as well as enhancing/simplifying/retiring existing services.
• Innovate & lead breakthroughs for new products and enhancements from concept definition through to business case, product setup, launch and adoption.
• Proactively collaborate with executive leadership, research leadership, and Sales to plan, develop and deliver HTTP’s product strategy as well as retention and growth programs.
• Drive market research to discover & validate customer need, gaps; test product concepts; measure client satisfaction to address market-specific needs and develop competitive response and contingency plans to address short term product issues (e.g. unexpected client behaviors)
• Prepare reports analyzing retention and growth and implement change management programs to address issues related to retention and growth.
• US Only: BA in Business, Marketing, Finance or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in high tech or technology-enabled product development, product management with a proven track record of product innovation and growth.
• Extensive experience of core product development & management processes such as market needs and competitive analysis, market segmentation, strategic planning.
• Strong track record leading programs for product and/or sales performance improvement
• Proven leader of organizational change initiatives.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
• Demonstrated ability to take an end-state vision and frame out the data, decisions, people, sequenced steps needed to get there from here, as well as the skills and perseverance to drive that plan from concept to reality, using fact-based and collaborative problem-solving.
• Demonstrated ability to make sense of complex and disparate sets of quantitative data, and derive meaningful decisions and business strategies from them
• Demonstrated ability to elicit & analyze relevant qualitative insights from customers, prospects, stakeholders and translate them into actionable business strategies
• Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to key executive level stakeholders and conveying key concepts and ideas across all areas of the organization.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding written and verbal communication skills including active listening and ability to facilitate collaborative problem-solving sessions.
• Proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, product development/management and the management team.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top