VP Conferences Strategy
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Vice President, Conferences Strategy
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Conferences team serves more than 70,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $340 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Conferences organization to achieve even higher growth in 2019 and beyond. And with the recent acquisition of CEB and Evanta, we now have a platform to accelerate growth into new business functions including HR, Marketing, Sales, and more.
About the role:
The Vice President, Conferences Strategy will have three primary responsibilities: 1) growing and leading the Conferences Strategy capability, 2) solving the most pressing strategic challenges facing the Conferences business and 3) supporting achievement of the mission critical priorities of Gartner Conferences.
Grow and lead the Conferences Strategy capability – responsible for developing and driving the strategic vision for Conferences through thought-partnership, supporting analytics / insights, and program oversight.
Specifically, this includes playing a central role in the annual long range planning (LRP) process, which involves answering a single or series of questions deemed to be of highest strategic priority for the business.
Solve strategic challenges facing the Conferences business – working with key stakeholders to define and implement creative solutions to complex, often ambiguous, problems that help drive the business forward through increased Conferences attendance, retention or sponsorship revenue. Representative past projects include:
- Mapping and analyzing the “registration journey” of prospects to understand which interactions (websites, webinars, document views) drive engagement and registration and which marketing tactics are most effective at driving those interactions
- Outlining the vision for the CIO events portfolio through 2020 (i.e., number, location and launch date of events)
- Proposing tactics to actively manage event attendance mix to achieve our desired attendee composition by conference
Support and share accountability for achievement of mission critical priorities for Conferences – includes driving paid conference attendance and exhibitor revenue, accelerating growth of Evanta, and increasing exhibitor retention. This will require partnering with senior leaders of Conferences business to define, execute and track targeted plans of action that will drive meaningful and measurable business impact.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 7-10+ years of progressive business experience, with 4-6 years of strategy and/or consulting experience a must
- Exceptional problem solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems using data and business judgment, thinking creatively, and using data to tell a story to influence senior level stakeholders
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Drive / self-sufficiency: You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity; you operate with a sense of urgency and can excel in an execution-focused matrixed environment
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior executives – this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives and teams, engaging key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: You demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong influencing skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree and MBA (or advanced degree) required
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Job Requisition ID:35663
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top