Serve as strategic operationally oriented leader in driving continued growth for multiple global BUs. Ensure that the BUs builds capabilities to support strategic growth objectives and individual business needs. Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation to two or more operating committee members and their respective leadership teams and BUs. Develop and align the people strategy and design both long and short term solutions. Build high performing, global teams including supervising and mentoring HR Director(s), Partner(s) and Associate(s).
- Strategic Partner – Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team(s) and provide leadership and direction for the BUs in the area of strategic HR planning and operations. Lead a team of global, geographically dispersed HR professionals and support staff that provide a broad range of HR consultation, solutions and services to the BUs.
- Trusted Advisor - Coach OC members and their direct reports on their leadership effectiveness and performance. Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
- Employee Engagement – Along with the company’s strategic imperatives and values, create a collaborative workforce based on shared goals and accountability. Provide opportunity for all associates, effective leadership and a fair and consistent workplace.
- Workforce Planning – Systematic identification and analysis of what BUs are going to need in terms of size, type, and quality of workforce to achieve its objectives. This will include determining what mix of experience, knowledge, and skills are required and then sequence the steps to get the right number of the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Recruitment and Retention – Drive talent acquisition for BUs. Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Organizational Development/Design (OD) – Analyze and provide guidance on the BUs’ current organizational state and future requirements. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of BUs’ strategies, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Succession Planning – Drive and support BU leaders’ preparation for CEO’s annual talent review sessions and participate as OC leaders’ key HR partner. Lead BU talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Create and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in BU critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
- Team Leader – Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality HR talent to ensure the highest levels of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability and transparency among the HR team.
- Compensation and Benefits – Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with BU leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
- Change Management – To accelerate growth, lead change in BUs to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate.
- Employee Relations – Minimize risk to organization by ensuring issues are investigated and addressed in a timely, cost efficient manner. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Bachelors Degree, Masters preferred
- 12-15 years of progressive HR generalist or related experience, including at least 5 years in a people management role.
- Expert influence, negotiation skills and HR Generalist skills in all areas of HR required; must have experience supporting executive level leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate organizational change utilizing a full spectrum of change methods.
- Excellent consulting, coaching, communication and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to develop HR staff and lead teams in a matrix environment.
- Successful track record of superior global service delivery. Demonstrated record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top