Vice President, Strategic Content Management
- Darien, CT
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
- Ensure the global conference portfolio delivers the optimal must-attend value proposition to C-level executives and their functional leadership teams, through provocative, leading-edge conference content.
- Collaborate with Customer Insights team to lead market-research, competitive intelligence and needs-assessment initiatives, in guiding strategic content development.
- Deeply understand Research & Advisory’s strategic, long-range content-development direction, and collaborate with Agenda Managers across the full spectrum of R&A communities, to continuously gauge opportunities to introduce ground-breaking featured conference content.
- Partner with Research & Advisory in creation and design of featured conference content, including Analyst Keynotes, Signature Series presentations, and other prominent session types.
- Build greater competencies in delivering cross-functional conference programs to address critical audience segments, including areas such as personal and organizational leadership, vertical-industry and digital-business content.
- Lead commissioning of new content, working with internal and external SMEs, to support growth of global conferences portfolio and to expand breadth of programs.
- Partner closely with the program-management leadership team to understand overall content and agenda design for the global portfolio, and ensure globally consistent execution of featured content.
- Collaborate closely with Global Conferences production and creative teams, to deliver exceptional, impactful audience experiences, and closely support speaker-development and coaching initiatives
- Lead annual portfolio-wide review of the value and impact of marquee content, and deploy rigorous regimen for collecting and analyzing feedback from all conference constituencies, related to relevant program and experiential design.
- Participate in the annual development strategy to identify key market/launch opportunities and growth strategies for a global portfolio of events.
- Build and support a team culture of innovation.
- An exceptional thinker and collaborator, with an appreciation of the need to make data-driven decisions and a proven ability to solve problems and drive change
- An individual with strong core values and a no-limits mind-set who demonstrates integrity, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- A proven track record of leading successful teams and initiatives in a high-performance culture, and in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with effective presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in addition to 7-10 years of business experience including 3-5 years content development experience
- Familiarity with broad spectrum of business-management disciplines (strongly desired)
- Ability to identify, research, and define market opportunity
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications efforts to promote products
- Ability to objectively measure product success
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation while executing flawlessly
- Decision-making abilities
Job Requisition ID:G16108
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top