Vice President, Product Strategy, Gartner Events
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Worldwide Events team serves more than 50,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 65+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $225 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Global Event Production team to achieve even higher growth in 2017 and beyond.
About the role:
- This newly created, high-visibility role offers the opportunity to bring together a combination of talents and disciplines and will be a key driver of both short- and long-term strategic planning relating to Gartner’s existing and net new portfolios.
- The VP, Product Strategy will have three primary responsibilities: 1) Leveraging data/analytics to determine the most critical and strategically important future event and portfolio opportunities 2) Developing new attendee and exhibitor products/offerings to capture market demand 3) Helping solve strategic challenges within the current portfolios in collaboration with Program Management and Customer Insights team
- The VP will work as a key contributor to the Events Production Global Leadership team and will require the ability to demonstrate an extensive knowledge of our existing and new target markets, a focus on the economic drivers of growth (audience and sponsorship retention and growth) and a clear structure to partner across the business to identify and solve for our best opportunities with an actionable framework for execution.
- This individual will play a central role in the future growth of the business and will be actively involved in all product development activities and future planning as it relates to our strategic priorities. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that their product development initiatives are actively adopted across the global team and delivered to expectations and measured accordingly in order to guide future development and scale.
- This individual will partner closely with our data / analytics and Customer Insights team to answer critical business questions, often informing C-level strategic decisions but they must have a strong ability themselves to do the following, as example:
- Analyze large datasets (e.g., RFID) to identify on-site behavior patterns that predict an increased likelihood of repeat attendance
- Analyze drivers of retention – attendee and sponsor
- Analyze competitive event programs and frameworks
- Experience: 7-10+ years of progressive business experience, preferably in a strategy, consulting or product development role
- Exceptional problem solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story
- Research experience in defining and assessing market opportunities in all geographies in which we operate (strongly desired)
- Drive / Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior Gartner executives - this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives, engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: Must demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong negotiation skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top