Vice President - Digital Markets
- Gurgaon, India
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Vice President, Operations - Gartner Digital Markets
What makes Gartner Digital Markets a GREAT fit for you?
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About this role:
The Vice President, Operations will lead the operations and scaling of Digital Markets and people management of Gartner Digital Markets (GDM) in India. Reporting to the MVP of Strategy & Ops, this leader is accountable for collaborating with a globally positioned leaders, Product Owners, GMs and GDM India leaders in cross-functional units to deliver globally consistent execution.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, motivate, develop and coach team managers and senior level individual contributors in India. Expanding and continuously improving the team’s influence and impact with executives and senior leaders.
- Partner with the MVP, Strategy & Ops & other GDM leaders to design, develop and lead implementation of solutions to meet business needs founded on a thorough understanding of business unit strategies and objectives, the competitive landscape, and business challenges
- Proactively identify product and engineering development opportunities across the GDM businesses that can be executed or scaled in India, and work with leadership team to implement the plans
- Deliver key capabilities through reporting and analytics, dashboards, self-serve analytics tools and the successful execution of complex projects while driving continuous improvement in the business analytic capabilities across GDM leadership and Gartner as a whole.
- Drive the strategic evolution of current analytic capabilities while further expanding advanced analytic, data visualization and machine learning capabilities.
- Identify and leverage resources and best practices from other Gartner centers of excellence, particularly Research, Research Sales, Products and Services
- Provide updates on India to Senior Leadership Team & update to India Leadership Team team from SLT
- Act as the Culture Champion & Site Lead for the Digital Markets India team; Host India Leadership meetings
- Escalation POC for India inclusive of GDM leaders in India; India HR, & all Real Estate related topics
What you’ll need:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree strongly preferred. Degrees with a concentration in statistics, data science, operational research, finance or economics preferred.
- 12 – 15 years progressive business experience, preferably in a strategy, analytics or business consulting role, including 5+ years building and leading teams responsible for strategic analytics, executive reporting and the development and deployment of dashboards and self-serve analytic tools
- Comprehensive understanding of operations, both systems and processes
- Exceptional leadership, Communication skills and proven ability to drive teamwork, including coaching and staff development.
- Results-oriented approach: You are a leader with excellent business vision and strategic thinking and a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and successfully drawing the larger business story out of facts and data.
- Strong knowledge of general business practices with a proven ability to establish trusted business relationships across business units, gain consensus and drive action from a large, diverse global set of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams in a fast-paced environment and to inspire rapid adoption of change in a complex matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams. Ability to prioritize & handle multiple requests concurrently and consistently deliver superior results in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling executive-level presentations. Excellent verbal & written communication skills with demonstrated ability to convey complex concepts and analyses in an accessible and compelling way.
- In-depth knowledge of data governance and statistical principles and their application to data analysis, advanced analytics, modeling and forecasting.
Who you are:
Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped commissions
- Generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic locations around the world.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:38745
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top