Vice President, Business Analytics & Performance
What makes Gartner Events a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Worldwide Events you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 60,000 business and technology leaders, including over 8,000 CIOs, at 65+ events each year. You’ll work with smart people, receive continual investment in your talent and learn about the latest in all things digital. With annual event revenue expected to exceed $300 million, our events team has achieved double-digit growth and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2016 and beyond. If you enjoy challenge, connecting with people and are optimistic about your future, don’t miss this opportunity.
Vice President, Events Business Analytics & Performance
As the fastest-growing business unit in Gartner, our Worldwide Events team serves more than 70,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe through 60+ conferences each year. With annual revenue in excess of $340 million, we consistently achieve double-digit growth rates — and we’re actively investing in our Events analytics team to achieve even higher growth in 2018 and beyond. And with the recent acquisition of CEB and Evanta, we now have a platform to enable exponential growth into new business functions including HR, Marketing, Sales, and more.
About the role:
The Vice President, Events Business Analytics & Performance will be responsible for leading our analytics & reporting teams that enable the Gartner Events marketing and sales teams in achieving their commercial goals. This person will have three primary responsibilities:
Identifying and solving complex commercial challenges using data . This will require working with key stakeholders to define and implement creative solutions to complex, often ambiguous, problems that drive the business forward through increased Event attendance, retention or Sponsorship revenue. Representative project:
Analyzing root causes of retention challenges related to lower level Exhibitor products, including understanding the relative impact of product attributes, Exhibitor demographics, salesperson tenure / performance, and on-site exhibitor performance, in order to build a targeted plan to drive higher retention
Develop strategies and approaches to analyzing large data sets and develop predictive models that drive improved business performance . This includes serving as a key Events thought leader and advocate for the power of data, strategizing on how to make it most impactful, and encouraging data-driven decision making across all parts of the Events business. Representative project:
Mapping and analyzing the “registration journey” of Event prospects to understand which interactions (websites, webinars, and document views) drive engagement and registration and which marketing tactics are most effective at driving those interactions
Manage and lead the development of KPIs, operating metrics, and dashboards that assist business leaders in managing the business . Specifically, this individual will be responsible for the development and delivery of analytical solutions and dashboards to help business leaders leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making. Representative project:
Establishing and dashboarding key metrics to monitor performance of our event prospect lead delivery process, in support of increasing the role of marketing-driven leads in event attendance
Finally, this individual will support and share accountability for achievement of the mission critical priorities of the Events business , this includes Driving Paid Event attendance, Accelerating revenue growth of Evanta, Developing / integrating CEB destination Events, and Increasing Exhibitor retention.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 10+ years of progressive business experience, strategy and/or consulting experience a must
- Exceptional problem solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story to influence senior level stakeholders
- Fast-paced: You operate with a sense of “urgency” and can excel in an execution-focused environment
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to proactively and independently identify the opportunities where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Drive / Self-sufficiency : You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and aggressively drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity, even in a matrixed environment
- Communication skills: You’re an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior Gartner executives - this role offers high visibility and access to senior Gartner leadership
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Leadership experience: You’ve led successful initiatives, engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and all the way up the organizational ladder
- Influence: Must demonstrate a high level of collaboration and strong negotiation skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree and MBA (or advanced degree) required
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. We help business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Job Requisition ID:G19554
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G19554
Back to top