Translator, Gartner Research & Advisory
- Beijing, China
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
· Translation of assigned English Research documents / content into local language of Mandarin
· Translation of assigned research daily paying particular attention to fact and nuance, to ensure intent and tone of the original meaning is preserved.
· Edit assigned local language / contextualized research daily, to ensure all changes are captured within the translation and/or Content Management System
· Highlight and explore any content related issues with author/s as they arise, to ensure resolution.
· Research, check and confirm statements, numbers, company / product names and other material in written research submitted, as necessary.
· Ensure document quality, timeliness and sensitive negotiations in partnership with Analysts.
· Shape the development of policies, standards and procedures across the Translation Team, the Content Production Team and in partnership with Analysts.
· Establish and implement quality controls throughout the workflow process. Maintain the glossary.
· Work cross-functionally with other teams / departments including Research, IT and RIG to improve workflow, procedures and application systems.
· Work as liaison with the 3rd party vendor to track the translation content and ensure delivery quality and timeliness.
· Active participation in departmental projects, as and when required.
· Undertake continuous, job-related training to maintain editorial and translation quality levels and improve skills and expertise.
· Degree, or equivalent, in English, with excellent Mandarin language skills in both editing and writing.
· High standard of English verbal and written language skills, including knowledge of structure, content, meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Knowledge of the computer / telecommunications industry, and understanding of technical terms, finance and business terminology
· 5 to 10 years' translation / interpreter experience, preferably in the field of Information Technology.
· Experience of working within a busy environment with strict deadlines.
· Translation, interpreter and editing experience in technology or business, working for translation firms, multinational companies, universities.
· Experience of using translation software such as Trados and memoQ.
· Tact, firmness, and sound intuition when dealing with Analysts and other key stakeholders.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, and juggle a diverse workload.
· Being eager to learn and adaptive to changes.
· Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
Job Requisition ID:29979
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top