What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
A Testing Engineer is required to fully test the product or system to ensure it functions properly and meets the business needs.
What you’ll do:
- Execute functional testing and identify opportunities for automation and create Java scripts using Selenium
- Design, build, and maintain effective test automation solutions which meet requirements and specifications. (Smoke, Functional, Regression, Performance, etc.)
- Automate and execute test cases using testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Java)
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walk through with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated area.
- Write effective manual or automated test scripts within the framework of approved testing tools (Selenium), using documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team.
- Provide test status and raise issues and potential risks to Test Lead
- Execute manual/automated scripts using automated tools during system, regression, acceptance, Gold test cycle.
- Effectively document defects using automated defect tracking software.
- Prepare metrics to provide test status and effectively communicate issues and potential risks to project schedule.to the test lead.
What you’’ll need:
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related disciplines
- 2-3 years of software test experience
- Experience with Cucumber a plus
- Perform functional testing of application under test where assigned and also work on automation scripts
- Experience with following Testing and CI tools a must (Eclipse, Jenkins, Groovy, Java, Selenium, GIT)
- Exposure to web technologies (HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development tools like Cucumber a plus
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g. test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.)
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe
- Attentive to details and well organized
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top