Territory Planning Manager
Overview of Function
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team partners with leaders across Gartner’s global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals. The support provided by the TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more of their time on supporting their teams and driving results. The Manager acts as a key advisor to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at the regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients / prospects across a sales team.
· Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
· Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
· Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients and prospects
· Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
· Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s sales leaders and C-level executives
· Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
· Provide day-to-day oversight of TP&A analysts in India
· 4+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
· MBA and/or management consulting experience preferred, but not required
· Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment
Job ID 00020287
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top