Territory Planning Manager
Overview of Function
The Territory Planning team partners with leaders across Gartner’s global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals. The Manager acts as a key resource to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at both the regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients/prospects across a sales team. The Territory Planning team allows sales managers to focus more of their limited time on supporting their teams and driving results.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
· Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
· Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
· Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients and prospects
· Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
· Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
· Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s C-level executives
· Provide day-to-day oversight of Territory Planning analysts in India
· 5+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
· MBA and/or management consulting experience preferred
· Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top