Territory Planning Director
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Sales, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits—along with top training and support, and all-expense-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Territory Planning & Analytics Director (Events)
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. We equip leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 15,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. Through our Events business, we provide world-class IT, Marketing, Sales, Legal and Human Resources conferences across every core business area. Attendees benefit from market-leading research, unique insight and unsurpassed peer networking.
For more information, visit us at: http://www.gartner.com
Overview of Function and Role
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team partners with leaders across Gartner’s global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals. The support provided by the TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more of their time on supporting their teams and driving results.
The Director will help to establish a new team within TP&A that will support the Events business’ global sales teams. They will act as a key advisor to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients / prospects across a sales team. The position reports to the Managing VP of Territory Planning & Analytics and is ultimately part of the Global Sales Operations team.
- Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
- Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
- Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients and prospects
- Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s Events Sales leaders and C-level executives
- Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
- Provide day-to-day oversight and management of TP&A Planner in the US
- 7+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- MBA and/or management consulting experience preferred, but not required
- Experience building and leading teams in a high-performance culture
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, relational databases, as well as familiarity with predictive modeling, statistics and statistical tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to form trust-based relationships with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment
Job Requisition ID:G22461
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22461
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Client Partner Area Manager
Joe and his team of six work to understand the mission-critical priorities of Gartner clients and align company resources to help achieve goals and deliver excellent customer service experiences.
Back to top