Territory Planning & Analytics Manager
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Territory Planning & Analytics Manager
Overview of Function and Role
The Territory Planning & Analytics (“TP&A”) team is at the center of the effort to deliver against our CEO’s mission-critical priorities – rapidly-growing the sales force and increasing sales productivity. We partner with corporate and senior Sales leaders across the globe to ensure the best return on the company’s substantial annual investment in incremental sales professionals. The support provided by the TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more of their time on supporting their teams as they drive towards capturing the immense market opportunity in front of us.
The Manager acts as a key advisor and thought partner to guide decision-making at the regional and local levels. Areas of focus include go-to-market and organizational strategy, sales force growth strategy, market opportunity assessment, design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients / prospects across a sales team.
- Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
- Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
- Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients and prospects
- Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s sales leaders and C-level executives
- Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
- Provide day-to-day oversight of junior staff in U.S. and TP&A analysts in India
- 4+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- MBA and/or management consulting experience preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We are a trusted advisor and an objective resource for more than 15,600 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:34598
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top