Territory Planner and Analytics Consultant
- Irving, TX
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits — along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If you’re coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Overview of Function
The Territory Planning & Analytics Consultant team partners with leaders across Gartner’s global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals. The support provided by the TP&A team enables sales leaders to focus more of their time on supporting their teams and driving results. The Territory Planner acts as a key advisor to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at the regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients / prospects across a sales team.
- Partner with sales leaders to define growth needs and design profitable territories that align with corporate sales strategy and guidelines
- Analyze internal/external data to identify trends/characterize market opportunity at various levels (e.g., region, industry, local area, company) to inform the corporate sales strategy, identify opportunities for new sales channels, and help achieve growth targets
- Facilitate decision-making by modeling potential scenarios re: allocation of sales professionals, clients and prospects
- Provide sales managers with detailed description of respective territories to enable effective communication and planning with the sales professionals on their team
- Drive ad hoc analyses to inform decision-making of Gartner’s sales leaders and C-level executives
- Collaborate with TP&A Manager(s) to support one or more sales regions as described
- Establish and share best practices related to creating and optimizing sales territories
- Provide day-to-day oversight of TP&A analysts in India
- 2+ years of experience, ideally with focus on Business Analytics and/or Sales Operations
- Management consulting experience preferred, but not required
- Exceptional analytical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, databases, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with and influence senior leaders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load in a fast-paced environment
Job Requisition ID:34533
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Back to top