Territory Modeling Specialist
The Territory Planning team partners with leaders across Gartner's global sales organization to determine where, when and how the company should direct its substantial investment in incremental sales professionals. The Analyst acts as a key resource to support the teams efforts to guide strategic and tactical decision-making at both the regional and local levels regarding market opportunity, the design of sales territories, and the allocation of clients/prospects across a sales team.
- Conduct detailed analysis to identify trends, explore market opportunity, etc.
- Develop regular reports based on internal data to inform the design of sales territories
- Prepare, manipulate and extract insights from large sets of data (both internal and external)
- Conduct industry and company-level research, as needed
- Support adhoc analytical efforts in response to questions from senior leaders
- Communicate regularly via phone and email with Directors in US regarding results, questions, and issues
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline/enhance tools and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, including strong proficiency in MS Excel
- 3-6 years in business; preferably as a business analyst
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with little direction
- Experience and aptitude with relational databases
- Experience conducting research involving acquisition and synthesis of third-party data
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top