Technology Financial Management Expert, Flexible Location, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
This individual will create insightfuland actionable research content on the topics of IT cost optimization, ITfinancial management and metrics and IT performance reporting and supportclients via inquiry and present at Gartner events.
- Create appropriate level of written research per year
- Create insightful and actionable research content around thetopics of IT and business cost optimization, IT performance management andfinancial and economic issues around information technology
- Create a collection of research that explores the roles andresponsibilities of the CIO, the CFO, key IT staff and business stakeholders inregards to IT costoptimization
- Create a body of high-impact research around IT costoptimization and how enterprises can achieve more sustainable cost structuresthrough fixed and variable cost models and use of emerging technologies anddeliverymodels
- Create toolkits and templates that clients may adapt fortheir own cost optimization efforts
- Take the most pressing IT financial issues, and cast them insuch a way as to be engaging and actionable for the CIO, utilizing businesslanguage, primary data and statistics and case studies whereverpossible.
- Provide meaningful peer review to other analysts'research
- Answer inquiries from clients in topic areas that include ITcost management, joint business/IT cost optimization and the management of costoptimization initiatives
- Create specified volumes of written documentation ofresearch (e. g. Research Notes, Strategic Analysis Reports, presentations,etc.), in fulfillment of our commitment to clients
- Create materials for and delivers face-to-face,teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients
- Visit client/prospects with sales for identification ofopportunities
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, whichinvolves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individualcompanies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective andexisting clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with salespersonnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-dayseminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- The position combines the need to prepare deliverable products(with their research component) in accordance with a schedule as well asresponding to client advisory requests which cannot be plannedfor
- The candidate must have a background in financial orbusiness analysis with deep knowledge of the software industry.Thisshould include proven skills and experience as follows:
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills
- Strong writing and data visualization skills
- Proven understanding of the economics of the software industry
- Proven track record advising business executives
- Proven ability to work effectively leading or contributingto cross-teamprojects
- Successful candidates are seen as credible subject-matterexperts and advisors to C-Level executives, including CIOs andCFOs.
- Determine specific subjects to research and present anddevelop accompanying deliverables and presentations
- Take positions on key issues when preparing deliverables
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, theindividual must be good at analysis - seeking out and piecing togetherfragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptualmodels, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data
- Ensure integrity of research and analysis of self and directreports
- 10 plus yearsexperience working within IT or finance(supporting the ITorg)
- Ability to work in a highly collaborativeenvironment
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
- Significant applicable experience to be knowledgeable aboutIT finance and to be accepted by clients as an expert or"guru"
- Strong grasp of financial concepts and be able to apply theseconcepts to information technology issues in the large enterprise environment
- Experience running an IT finance or corporate finance office
- Strong analysis, writing and presenting skills and theability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology andstrategies effectively at a senior level
Job Requisition ID:G22190
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
Job ID G22190
Back to top