Technical Support Specialist
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Gartner is looking for a Technical Support Associate who can provide 1st level support for technology involving the Gartner Event’s business. The candidate will be responsible for Incident management, Problem management, Production Support triage, handoffs to 2 nd level support teams as well as reporting on open issues and incident trends. Areas to be supported include Events Attendee Web Applications, Vendor applications, Mobile applications, Event Kiosks and integration with back office applications. The ideal candidate will be someone who can work closely with business partners as well as 2 nd level support teams. Not necessarily a developer, but willing and able to develop the technical skills necessary to resolve issues at the 1st level whenever possible. Willingness to travel 30% of the time is necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Addresses and resolves basic and complex incidents and requests; captures quality data and communicates that data to the rest of the team. Completes follow-up and follow-through on all tickets.
- Manages all incidents and requests to ensure that work is completed and/or handed off properly to the application development team.
- Develops technical skills necessary to resolve as many incidents at the 1 st level as possible.
- Contributes to self-help knowledge bases and documents typical requests and incidents, resolutions, and work-around procedures.
- Identifies, evaluates, promotes, and implements support best practices.
- Grows deeper knowledge of current corporate products, increasing ability to resolve tickets on first contact.
- Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Bachelors of Science/ Technology
- Good communicator, able to clearly and correctly express complex technical concepts in English, both verbally and in writing to support a Global organization.
- Experience with standard Microsoft products and platforms.
- Good problem solving skills
Impact of Role: Expected Results:
- Provides good assistance to all Gartner associates, within defined SLA’s
- Internal client satisfaction feedback is consistently good - high
- All tickets/request/calls/chats are correctly logged, assigned, communicated, and updated with relevant information and escalated as necessary within SLA's and to Gartner standards
- All Outages are logged, dealt with, escalated and communicated appropriately and in a timely manor
- Accurate technical knowledgebase, documentation, policies, and processes are maintained to a high level
Who you are:
- Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyse and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Job ID 00020136
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top