Technical Support Specialist
Gartner is looking for a Technical Support Specialist who can provide 1st level support for technology involving the Gartner Event’s business. The candidate will be responsible for Incident management, Problem management, Production Support triage, handoffs to 2 nd level support teams as well as reporting on open issues and incident trends. Areas to be supported include Events Attendee Web Applications, Vendor applications, Mobile applications, Event Kiosks and integration with back office applications. The ideal candidate will be someone who can work closely with business partners as well as 2 nd level support teams. Not necessarily a developer, but willing and able to develop the technical skills necessary to resolve issues at the 1st level whenever possible. Willingness to travel 30% of the time is necessary.
- Addresses and resolves basic and complex incidents and requests; captures quality data and communicates that data to the rest of the team. Completes follow-up and follow-through on all tickets.
- Manages all incidents and requests to ensure that work is completed and/or handed off properly to the application development team.
- Develops technical skills necessary to resolve as many incidents at the 1 st level as possible.
- Contributes to self-help knowledge bases and documents typical requests and incidents, resolutions, and work-around procedures.
- Identifies, evaluates, promotes, and implements support best practices.
- Grows deeper knowledge of current corporate products, increasing ability to resolve tickets on first contact.
- Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
Job ID 00020342
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top