Team Manager, Secondary Research, Gartner Research & Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers — and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If you’re looking to explore what’s next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
In order to bring operational efficiency and continue to delight customers, Gartner is investing in Secondary Research Services (SRS) located in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence. Associates in this exciting team will be aligned with Research Data and Analytics Division which will support Gartner’s Marketing and Supply Chain Practice. This team will support Analysts in writing research by providing required fact base for the documents. High-performing Associates in our Gurgaon Center of Excellence will develop into thought leaders and progress on an amazing career trajectory.
As Manager in SRS, you would be expected to manage a team of Individual Contributors aligned with different research teams enabling them to deliver must have research and manage stakeholders in the selected practice.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of SRS Researchers / Sr. Researchers and effectively manage multiple research projects - oversee end to end project management - Project Plan, Timeliness & Quality of Projects
- Interact with Practice leadership to understand Mission critical priorities, design Team Strategy and update leadership regularly on key actionable for the quarter
- Provide comprehensive project brief to SRS associates advise on research methodologies
- Help Research analysts to use strategic tools and techniques to analyze findings and generate insights
- Stakeholder management – regular interactions with the Leadership Team, Research Team Manager and other senior members of the research team. Help Agenda Managers and Research MVP’s to utilize SRS in a better way
- Provide constructive feedback to team members
- Prepare and mentor Project Managers on complex and strategic projects
- Continuously seek feedback from Gartner analysts to further improve on deliverables
- Manage resource allocation, Staffing Status and Ensuring ROI of existing resources, utilizing existing skills and competencies for project requests. Oversee recruitment, training new recruits and building internal knowledge base
- Follow internal processes and policies, including, HR, IT and Finance
- Team knowledge and skills development – continuously update knowledge base in areas relevant to business through continuous trainings/knowledge sharing session
- Key emphasis on individual’s productivity, timeliness and continuous workflow (addressing any roadblocks)
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, solve work problems, address people-related issues, and be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the team
- Add value to the research deliverables sent by the team
- Ensuring the quality of deliverables – making sure regular check are done by reviewing the SRS deliverables
- Embrace and drive continuous process improvements, knowledge sharing, best practices within the team and also identify training needs and organize training/on-boarding sessions
What you’ll need:
- BSC/BE/B.Tech + MBA (Marketing, International Business or Ops)
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in the research industry; minimum 2-3 years of experience in managing and mentoring junior resources in the team
- Exposure to managing people and recruitment related activities
- Good writing skills and research background will be essential
- Experience in managing multiple senior stakeholders across geographies will be an added advantage
Who you are:
- Possess a strong Process oriented mindset and critical thinking– good interpersonal skills and ability to coach team members
- Articulate and tactful communications skills with proven self-discipline and collaborative mindset – communicate well with team members and stakeholders
- Good knowledge across disciplines within the IT industry, vertical markets, major vendors, products or solutions
- Ability to manage and perform a very broad set of responsibilities, often with conflicting time demands Strategic business thinker who can come up with business insights that helps in scaling.
- Someone with an ability to build additional capacity for any unplanned and urgent requirement
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for its clients to make the right decisions, every day.
From CIOs and senior information technology (IT) leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to supply chain professionals, digital marketing professionals and technology investors, Gartner is the valuable partner to clients in more than 10,000 distinct enterprises.
Gartner works with clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has almost 9,000 associates, including 1,900 research analysts and consultants, operating in more than 90 countries.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:31025
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
See Inside the Office of Gartner
Gartner is known as the world's leading research and advisory company. But what exactly does that mean? Gartner's teams conduct research, then design products and services based on those objective insights to help clients make the right decisions and be successful. The focus is C-suite senior executives and their teams across the enterprise.
Back to top