What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
- Individual contributor for Gartner application middleware operations. Ensure 24x7 availability for critical systems; participate in the strategic planning of the application middleware servers; troubleshoot and resolve performance; perform day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Manage the implementation, maintenance and enforcement of effective industry standard processes and policies within our QA, DEV and Production environments.
- Partner with Architecture teams to provide the best technology recommendations/solutions for business critical processes.
- Involved in the design process with DBA, Apps Dev, and other technical teams to implement solutions.
- Liaise with managers and staff of AppsDev to ensure consistent application of the tactical and strategic
- Directions of Gartner.
What you’ll do:
- Fully Successful Enterprise Middleware Environment. Stable in production. Meeting and exceeding SLA's/OLA's. Prepared for advancing technology.
- Provide and support the tactical and strategic directions for Gartner's middleware infrastructure.
- Manage and consolidate Gartner’s application middleware deployments to drive down licensing costs.
- Provide status reports to Principle System Admin, VP of App & DB Mgmt and the GVP of Data Center
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for problem resolution
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Operations with increasing levels of responsibility in Oracle Fusion Middleware suite of products
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Oracle Business Intelligence 12c (OBI server, Dashboard, Analytics, BIPublisher)
- Hands-on experience with installation, configuration, administration and patching of OBIEE in Unix and Windows environment
- Experience with ETL tool like Informatica is strongly desired
- Understanding of OBIEE reporting for ASO Essbase cube is desired
- Understanding of network configuration, load-balancer, DNS, Active Directory, security and databases
- Must have strong scripting experience (python, shell, groovy etc.)
- Expertise with architecture design, capacity planning, performance tuning, back-up and recovery, and 24/7 operational support, in a large-scale enterprise environment with high availability
- Ability to perform security and defect analysis and work with product vendors for solution
- Operational documentation skills for steady-state application support and Disaster Recovery testing
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process management is desired.
- Experience with enterprise management and monitoring tools (such as Oracle Enterprise Manager) is desired
- Working knowledge of software version control concepts and change management processes
- Ability to participate in a rotational on-call support is required
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
Who you are:
Passionate about technology, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Attentive to details and well organized.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top