Supply Chain and Digital Business Markets Applications Expert, Gartner Research, Flexible Location
The successful candidate will create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis pertaining to the Supply Chain and Digital Business markets for application software.
Research will focus on helping provider business unit leaders and product managers determine where and how to grow in these markets, including but not limited to sizing markets and forecasting their growth and profit potential.
Our emphasis is on emerging technology and its impact on supply chain and digital business. Technology examples include supply chain visibility, mesh technologies, digital technology platforms, block chain, artificial intelligence, IoT Business Solutions, augmented reality, and intelligent things.
The research will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables that retain and grow Gartner contract value in enterprise accounts.
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis covering the leading practices and vendor solutions for supply chain and digital platforms.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analysing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Produce industry/role-specific research geared towards business unit leaders in software providers.
- Specify and design vendor and user surveys and questionnaires
- Perform strategic analysis of market, market segment and regional/country trends multi-segment and sometimes multi-program data analysis.
- Add value to the research by analysis (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
- Assist in developing research agenda(s) and content
- Interact with client inquiry specialists to develop understanding of client needs and aid in determination of the appropriate analysts to cover questions
- Provide advisory support to client inquiries via telephone and email in covered topic areas
- Create specified volumes of written documentation of research in fulfilment of our commitment to clients.
- Create materials for and deliver face-to-face before large and small audiences, teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients.
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a software provider in a product management, development, competitive intelligence or other business role. A detailed knowledge of supply chain technology is strongly preferred
- Strong background in the following:
- Software product design, development, engineering and/or product management
- Forecasting modelling and analysing markets
- Knowledge of the economics of the software business and related pricing models is important.
- Strong financial and business acumen, strong attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- Strong time/project management skills.
- A strong team working ethos.
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Vice President, Research
Jenny is the go-to girl for any information pertaining to what technology applications clients can use to support social media connections with customers around the world.
Back to top