Sr. UX/UI Designer - Capterra
Capterra is looking for an experienced UX designer to join our growing product team. Our ideal candidate is an innovative designer and a data-driven, yet empathetic, user researcher. You’ll use your own expertise, along with data and insights from users and broader market analysis, to influence our design direction .
This is a hands-on role focused on contributing to the processes of product discovery, design and development. You will work closely with product managers and visual designers to create quality, device agnostic user experiences and interfaces.
What you’ll do:
● Work with the product lead to develop and manage our UX process.
● Use data and observation to understand our users and to develop insights into improvements for user experience and flow.
● Understand the balance of user experience, business need, and time-to-market, and recommend tradeoffs where appropriate.
● Create UX documentation -- transaction flows, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes, etc. -- to communicate concepts and designs.
● Design for current experiences while also envisioning new ones.
● Measure results, understand impact.
● Understanding of the UX design process and best practices – especially as they relate to digital products.
● Experience developing and conducting usability tests.
● Experience delivering responsive web designs.
● Understanding of and experience with Google Analytics.
● HTML and CSS. You don't need to be a web developer, but you'll need to talk the talk and prototype designs to pass off to the tech team.
● Experience with wireframing and prototyping software such as Sketch, InVision, etc. Experience with UserZoom is a nice-to-have.
● An outstanding portfolio that showcases your foundation in typography, visual design, interaction and mobile user experience.
● A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent design exposure. 5+ years’ experience.
Who you are:
● Results-oriented. Design appreciation is subjective, but user experience can be quantified. You design for results.
● A great communicator. You’re an expert written and verbal communicator, and you love working directly with teammates to implement your work.
● Organized and expeditious; always deadline aware. You take pride in planning well and delivering what you promise.
What we offer:
● Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
● A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are.
● Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust PTO plan and great perks.
Job ID 00020113
Meet Some of Gartner's Employees
Regional Vice President, Sales
Erin oversees more than $40 million of business for Gartner while guiding and supporting five separate teams of account executives throughout the greater New York City territory.
Back to top